with your roots.

Thursday, October 16, 2008




I did it. I got through this week! I finished my essay draft 1. I aced my math lab quiz, I'm moving onto the next class on Monday! I worked three long nights at the bar, aways a bit stressful, but I'm getting better at this fragile sensitivity sappy crap. I've gotten a lot of beautiful insight on life from my friends at work. Gee, a boy that works there, left me a note in the tip-tin that said:

"Be a tree
stand tall with your beliefs
extend your branches
to feel the light
but guard yourself
with your roots
with your roots
you hold on tight"

I'd only told him i was feeling all 'jumbled' and insecure. He doesn't talk much, but for some reason I just decided I would open up to him. I'm glad I did. I needed to hear this, it's refreshing to know that some one, for no reason other that love and care, would share with me his mantra.

my brother is talented.




have a good weekend lova(s)

3 comments:

Kale Iverson October 17, 2008 at 11:33 AM  

Sashamon Lyrics from "Jah Roots"

Send jah roots down
Then we gonna grow
Send jah roots down
And reach to the sky

Oh great wind carry the voice of jah
So we may hear the song of beauty
I wanna hear that song got to hear it
So I can sing that song so the river sparkles to the sea

To the speaker of lessons reveal the knowledge of jah
So we may reap all jah beauty
Let jah truth be known we are not alone
We are one under jah sun

Jah roots make ya feel so nice
Jah roots make ya move your body
Jah roots put em in the ground
and the evil no where to be found said
jah roots play them day and night
it’s the rhythm that’s gonna make it right
jah roots is what we need so lets get down lets get dirty

send jah jah roots down for all mankind

to the builders of this mankind society lets send down jah roots
food for all love for all beauty for all for all for all

send jah roots down

Hope it cheers you up!

Suzye Qzee October 17, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

aww, syd im so proud of you! you may not know it but you are amazing at life!

DreamWoven Sheets October 17, 2008 at 9:50 PM  

lady lady lady love,
You have been so present in my thoughts lately, this is the second time that Ive tried to leave a message, whohoo, finally I have fast internet. It is so fun that you have this blogspace, it is so beautiful! Also it allows me free access to stockerdom 101.
Keep on flying girl, your gorgeous smile will distract them all the while- nobody will ever notice that your feet dont touch the ground.
I love you with all of my heart syd- Although I feel physically disconnected at this moment- whenever thoughts of you float my way, I am filled with joy and content to know that you are deep in my roots.
I have so much to share with you, but pathetically I havent had your # for a while.... my new # is 360 970 5753.
love love peace love and light,
naomi


Banksy

Banksy
"The Holy Grail is to spend less time making the picture than it takes people to look at it." Wall and Peice
Photobucket

  © Free Blogger Templates Nightingale by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP